Practice DescriptionPartner in DLA Piper's corporate and securities practice, based in Miami. Practice focus is mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate matters. Advises emerging and established public and private companies, including strategic buyers and sellers and private equity sponsors, on a wide variety of corporate law matters. Structures complex domestic and international transactions for private equity fund sponsors and strategic buyers and sellers. In addition, advises portfolio companies in connection with financing transactions, add-on acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Industry sector expertiseHandles transactions across a broad range of industries, with a particular focus on transportation and logistics, healthcare, life sciences and health insurance.
Overseas expertiseRecent international experience includes: advising medical device and pharmaceutical companies on international M&A and distribution matters; advising a U.S. strategic buyer on the acquisition of an international airline; advising an international seller in connection with the sale of a foreign medical school to a U.S. buyer; advising a U.S. seller in connection with the sale of its international telecommunications operations; and representing an international courier company in its acquisition of a U.S. complimentary business.
- American University of the Caribbean in connection with its sale to DeVry
- Amerijet International’s acquisition of Nations Express and Transcontinental and Avialeasing Aviation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida on various transactional and M&A matters
- DHL Freight in connection with its acquisition of Standard Forwarding
- Econocaribe Consolidators’ acquisition of Genesis
- Florida Health Care Plans’ sale of its HMO business to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida
- H.I.G. Capital in connection with its acquisition of Progressive Logistics Services, Dent Wizard International, Flight Options, and Safe-Guard Products
- Harvard Drug Group’s sale to an affiliate of Court Square Capital Partners
- Hygeia’s sale to UnitedHealth Group International
- MAKO Surgical in transactional matters, including global distribution advice
- NovaMed’s acquisition, sale, reorganization and syndication of ambulatory surgery centers
- Ryder System’s acquisition of The Scully Companies
- Securus Technologies’ sale of its international offender/jail management system division, Syscon Justice Systems, to Sverica International
- Via Christi Health System in connection with the sale of its insurance company, Preferred Health Systems, to Coventry Health Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
- DHL Freight
- H.I.G. Capital
- MAKO Surgical
- Perry Ellis
- Ryder System
next: career & education »