Practice DescriptionPartner in Kingsley Napley's corporate and commercial team, specializing in IT/IP law. In recent years, both IP and IT have been evolving faster than the legal frameworks that regulate them, which makes an exciting but demanding area of law, as the conventional legal concepts are adapted to cope with new media and new concepts of intellectual property. Well known and highly respected in this complex field of law. Acts for IT providers, internet service providers, domain name registrants. and web designers. Also acts for users, providing legal advice to both the IBM Computer Users' Association and SOCITM. Key expertise: information technology law, IT contracts, intellectual property rights, domain name law and disputes, and gambling law.
Industry sector expertiseParticularly active in the technology, internet and gambling industries.
Overseas expertiseSpeaks English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Acted for world-leading hosting and cloud computing service provider on range of contractual issues and negotiations
- Advised leading affiliate links company on contractual, privacy and IPR issues
- Acted for voice recording software supplier to partner with larger telecoms provider in relation to new FSA requirements
- Advised private and public sector entities on new cookies legislation
- Advised data cleansing company on contractual relations with advertising chain
- Represented US software supplier on sales into UK FMCG companies
- Advised various technology clients on SaaS and Agile services agreements
- Acts in many high-level domain name disputes
- Wide range of providers and procurers of IT services and systems.
next: career & education »